Even with all of the organizing systems I have in place, I often feel like keeping my house neat is a never-ending job. That’s because it actually is a never-ending job. Every time the laundry is done and put away, more laundry appears. Every time the dishwasher is emptied and the dishes are put away, there are more dishes to load. That’s just the way it is when you’re running an active household. Yet, here are a few simple shortcuts and must-have products that I love…
- Downy Wrinkle Releaser is a huge time saver when you don’t have time to iron. It can be used on clothing, or even wrinkled sheets and bedding. You just spray on the wrinkled area, tug, and smooth. Not only does Downy Wrinkle Releaser smooth wrinkles, but it leaves clothes and bedding smelling great.
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is the perfect fix for marks that appear on hard wood, tile floors, or walls. The Magic Eraser is safe to use on most surfaces, and also removes built up grease on stoves and soap scum in sinks. It also works wonders on leather sneakers. When my children come home with dirt on the toe of their Converse sneakers, a quick rub with the Magic Erase, and they look brand new! The Mr. Clean Magic eraser will leave your home a brighter, fresher space in no time at all.
- The Tide Stain Stick is a great on-the-go, carry-in-your purse type of item. Accidents happen, and when they do, just rub the Tide Stick on the problem area and the stain diminishes. While not all stains disappear completely, the Tide Stick does keep the stains from becoming permanent.
- The Swift Sweeper is the most efficient way to pick up dust, pet hair and dirt. It requires minimal maintenance—just grab from the closet and sweep! Because the Swift Sweeper has a swivel head, you can reach in small corners and underneath tables, couches, or beds. You can purchase scented or unscented dry or wet cloth wipes for your sweeper, and just toss the used wipes in the trash.
- The Black & Decker CHV1510 Dustbuster 15.6-Volt Cordless Cyclonic Hand Vacuum is a must have for any busy household. Who wants to drag out a heavy vacuum cleaner for every little spill or pile of dust bunnies? Just grab your dustbuster and watch the mess disappear!
What products do you swear by? Share your housekeeping tips and favorite cleaning products with me. I’d love to hear from you!