Are you hosting a barbecue this summer? If planning your party is putting a dampener on beach weekends, here are my tips for a stress free barbecue!
One Week Before:
- Finalize your headcount.
- Figure out the menu, including what drinks you’ll serve.
- If guests ask to bring something, have suggestions ready. Then, keep a list so there are no repeats.
- Shop for food and drinks. Don’t forget to purchase alternative options for vegetarians, and condiments, too!
- Shop for plates, utensils, and linens.
- Check your grill: if you are low on supplies like propane or need new tools, purchase that too. Don’t forget to purchase bug spray and citronella candles!
- Make sure you have enough tables and chairs for the event.
One Day Before:
- Prepare whatever food you can. You don’t want to be working during your own party! And if your budget allows, hiring help for food prep and cleanup can change the tone of the day for you, too.
- Put all drinks in the refrigerator. In summer weather, you’ll need to have plenty of cold water and ice available throughout the day.
- Tidy the house, inside and out!
- Figure out your summer music playlist. If you dare, you can leave this one up to one of your kids.
Day of the Party:
- Wake up early. Get dressed — keep it casual for a barbecue!
- Set the table early and make it festive with flowers and great summer serve ware.
- Make sure to have some outdoor games available.
- Make sure that no food is overcooked or undercooked! And set up your grill somewhat distanced from the center of the party.
- Pour yourself a drink before guests arrive, and get ready for some real summer fun!
NextWhat Does Your Clutter Say About Your Personality?