Now that summer is upon us, it’s time to prepare your vacation house for a wonderful season. Here are my tips for getting your house in tip top shape:
- Make sure all appliances, large and small, are in working order.
- Replace light bulbs as necessary.
- Wash all linens and towels. Inspect for holes and stains.
- Open windows to let fresh air into the house.
- Put a load of dishes, silverware, and kitchenware into the dishwasher.
- Tend to broken window screens and wash all windows.
- Wipe cupboards, fridge shelves, stovetop, and appliances clean.
- Take outdoor furniture out of storage and check for damage. Replace if necessary.
- Check expiration dates on sunblock and other toiletries. Replace anything that has expired.
- Check the wi-fi connection, cable, and music system.
- Purchase flowers for the porch and the indoors.
- Stock up on food and beverages.
- Pour yourself a glass of wine and settle in for a great summer!
NextPreparing Your Summer Home for the Season